SPARKS
hall of shame

Hall of Shame – 23rd May

no comments

While many electricians and electrical engineers are fully qualified and do a great job, there are still some people out there who do shocking work (sometimes literally!) and the results can be disastrous.

Here’s some examples of what not to do! We teamed up with Crap Electrical UK to showcase some of the biggest electrical tragedies around.

Kingsley Clay found this tidy job while he was walking the dog. Well, at least it won’t be coming off any time soon!

hall of shame

Paul Barlow was alerted to this one when a tenant said, “The socket’s not working!” Display purposes only!

hall of shame

If they really had to do this, they could have at least cut it straight…

hall of shame

This one from Les Paternoster is the icing on the cake.

hall of shame

The fire system isn’t supposed to start one… Dan Osbaldeston found this in a student accommodation block in Leeds.

hall of shame

Crap Electrical UK is a Facebook group with around 2,000 members. It is run by Charles Billington, Lee Quince, Simon Allen, Lewis Boddington, Dave Spencer, Jake Simmons and Samuel Miles.

If you’ve come across a nightmare installation, send your pictures to us and they could be featured on the next article – or in the magazine.

Email all photos to tom.tracey@sng-publishing.co.uk.

Other News