From offices to commercial buildings, small-to-medium data centres and industrial environments, Schneider Electric’s Easy UPS offers backup power for a range of critical applications.
The Easy UPS series is available in a number of new specifications, offering a range of back-up power options for electrical installers and contractors, at an accessible price point.
- Easy UPS SMVS – single-phase line-interactive UPS from 750 to 3000 VA, featuring pseudo-sinusoidal signalling, LCD display, USB port and optional SNMP card.
- Easy UPS SRVS – single-phase online double conversion UPS available in tower and rack-mounted versions of 1 to 10 kVA. This range features manual and automatic bypass, LCD display and a two-year warranty with extended runtime via external batteries.
- Easy UPS 3S – three-phase, online double conversion UPS, up to 96% efficiency in double conversion mode and 99% efficiency in ECO mode. Compatible with VRLA or Lithium-ion batteries Easy UPS 3S comes complete with conformal-coated printed circuit boards, replaceable dust filters and overload protection.
What is UPS?
UPS stands for Uninterruptible Power Supply. A UPS device provides back up power stored in batteries to a critical load when the primary power source fails, providing near-instantaneous protection from harmful power interruptions.
A UPS device or system can be used to protect critical applications in homes, small and medium businesses, data centers and other applications from unexpected power disruptions which could potentially cause injury or death, severe business fluctuations, or data loss.
“Easy UPS is one of our most accessible UPS ranges to-date, meeting the requirements of the professional electrical specifier and installer community with their competitive specifications and price points,” said Nico Van Der Merwe, Schneider Electric’s UK & Ireland Home & Distribution VP.
“With ease of installation, a lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and unbeatable quality, Easy UPS presents a versatile, affordable, uninterruptible power system, ensuring business continuity for inconsistent power conditions.”
- Greater efficiency – Up to 96% efficiency in double conversion mode
- Wide input voltage range – protecting users against high fluctuations in power
- Intuitive LCD/LED interface – providing status updates for fast diagnostics
- High energy savings – Up to 99% efficiency in Schneider Electric ECO mode
- Fast recharging – offering up to 90% capacity in four hours and protect against frequent outages
- Easy monitoring, management, and services
- A wide operating temperature range and strong overload protection
Easy monitoring, management and services
Uptime and the need for uninterruptible power remain a key consideration for mission-critical applications. According to the Uptime Institute global annual data centre survey 2020, 75% of respondents cited that downtime could have been preventable with better management, processes or configuration.
Easy UPS are EcoStruxure-ready™, offering simplified monitoring, management and comprehensive, 24/7 services via Schneider Electric EcoStruxure™ Asset Advisor software. With an optional Web/SNMP card, proactive remote monitoring enables users to mitigate emerging fault conditions and reduce the cost of on-site servicing, while minimising the risk of unplanned downtime.
Instant access to live data via the EcoStruxure Asset Advisor mobile application ensures visibility into the UPS health and lifecycle, whether on-premise or on the go, while affordable 24/7 remote troubleshooting provides peace of mind and fast issue resolution via the Schneider Electric Connected Services Hub.
The Schneider Electric Easy UPS series is available to electrical professionals now. For more information visit the website.