Fancy a change of job roles within the electrical industry? Megger is looking for a Technical Writer at its Dover HQ.
Whether you are a lecturer, technician or industry professional, this role may be for you.
The Technical Writer will join the Global Marketing Team and be part of a team that is actively expanding the company’s customer-facing written materials, including articles, case studies, guides, web content and more.
The Technical Writer will develop highly marketable skills through “engagement, expanding awareness, shifting perspectives and challenging assignments.”
What you need
Megger says experience in the electrical industry is “ideal” so that you are able to understand testing. The company wants a person with great listening skills, with the ability to turn technical and complex information into clear and informative content.
Your technical writing skills will be supported by the marketing, copy editing and technical experts – so it’s beneficial to be an open, friendly person to form relationships and engage with your colleagues.
What the role entails
- Assisting the Technical Marketing Manager in identifying technical content such as editorial, website content, newsletter, email messaging, etc. that adds value to the customer experience.
- Monitoring industry hot topics using media and social listening software; developing internal networks and relationships; and proposing content creation that aligns with the business strategy.
- Supporting marketing managers globally in the creation of technical content to meet the needs of specific marketing campaigns.
- Ensuring the multi-lingual publication of this content and assessing its engagement to influence future activity
- Working alongside the Brand Manager in managing all PR agencies and their activity.
- Engaging with the Megger global technical and sales communities to both edit and author the above content across a broad range of electrical testing applications, reviewing with subject matter experts where appropriate.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, the salary is between £30,000 and £35,000 depending on experience.
Other benefits include a bonus incentive plan, training and development, a life assurance scheme, salary sacrifice pension, flexible working, 25 days annual leave, free car parking, child care vouchers and subsised refreshments.