A shortlist of 26 leading businesses from across the electrotechnical and engineering services sector have been chosen by judges for this year’s prestigious ECA Industry Awards. This year’s award winners were drawn from a highly competitive pool of entries.
The successful organisations have been recognised for their outstanding performance and achievements in the last year, with awards including ‘Contractor of the Year’, ‘Best Health and Safety Initiative’, ‘Excellence in Training and Development’, and a number of new specialist engineering categories.
The independent panel of judges, including Certsure Marketing Director Mark Smith, Electrical Safety First Chief Executive Philip Buckle and Electrical Industries Charity Managing Director Tessa Ogle, convened on 10 April 2018 to consider all entries and compile the shortlist (see below for the full list of judges).
Adjudicator and ECA Director of Member Services, Helen Atkinson, said: “The number and quality of entries this year was impressive; whittling down the shortlist was no easy task. I would like to congratulate all the nominees, and also thank this year’s entrants for the significant time and effort they put into their award entries. I’m very much looking forward to meeting many of these organisations at our industry-leading Awards Dinner ceremony in June where the winners will be announced.”
The ECA Industry Awards Dinner, which is headline sponsored by Electrium and LEDVANCE, is being held on 8 June at the Hilton Bankside in London. On the night, guests will be treated to entertainment from award-winning comedian Alastair McGowan, as well as live music, magicians, and more.
The ECA Industry Awards Dinner is also a unique opportunity to network with colleagues and make new contacts with industry contractors, specifiers, manufacturers and distributors, and other key figures from the electrotechnical and engineering services sector.
For more information and to book your place, visit www.ecaawards.co.uk.
Full list of shortlisted ECA Member nominees at this year’s ECA Industry Awards (in alphabetical order only):
- AJ Taylor Electrical Contractors Ltd
- CD Engineering Services
- Chalmor Limited
- Clarkson Evans Ltd
- CTS Electrical Services
- Darke & Taylor Ltd
- DES Group UK Ltd
- Elsym Installations
- Energys Group
- Faradays Ltd
- Gilbert & Stamper Limited
- Housing Plus (trading as Property Care)
- Imtech Engineering Services Central
- Lindum Fire Services Ltd
- NG Bailey
- Noble Electrical Contractors Ltd
- Oxford Electrical
- P&R Hurt
- Powercor Ltd
- SJM Electrical Services Ltd
- Sudlows Ltd
- Unite Group PLC
- W Portsmouth & Co. Limited
- WT Parker Group Services Limited
Details of the manufacturer, distributor and individual awards will be announced on the night.
Full list of judges:
- Paul Reeve, ECA, Director of Business and External Affairs (Head Judge)
- Mark Smith, Certsure, Marketing Director
- Philip Buckle, Electrical Safety First, Chief Executive
- Tessa Ogle, Electrical Industries Charity, Managing Director
- Andrew Stevens, CNet Training, CEO
- Matt Nimmons, CEDIA EMEA, Managing Director
- Margaret Fitzsimons, EDA, Chief Executive
- Jon Graham, JTL, Chief Executive
- Binyamin Ali, Construction News, Features Editor
- Helen Atkinson, ECA, Director of Member Services (Adjudicator)